Our school and community programs would not be possible without the exceptional help of our community volunteers. They bring a wide variety of interests and skills to our work, and a desire to give back to their community. Here are some of our volunteer opportunities:
- Become a Garden Steward at one of our school gardens or at the Cornucopia Community Gardens. Stewards help us maintain the gardens throughout the summer, making sure we’re on top of the necessary watering, weeding and harvesting.
- Volunteer to teach a class–culinary, gardening, garden crafts, etc. Let us know how your expertise can enrich the lives of our community members!
- Do you have carpentry skills? We often have garden or office projects that are in need of a carpenter or handy person!
- Signup for a garden work day, either for yourself or for a group. Many schools and organizations help our gardens grow by scheduling annual work days.
- Lend a hand during an event with registration, serving, cleanup, etc.
Please call Joyce at 784-5069 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time when we can talk about your interest in volunteering.