Our school and community programs would not be possible without the exceptional help we’ve received from our community volunteers. If you’re interested in getting involved, here are some of our volunteer opportunities.
- Become a Garden Steward at one of our school gardens or at the Cornucopia Community Garden. Stewards help us maintain the gardens throughout the summer, making sure that we’re on top of the necessary watering, weeding and harvesting.
- Volunteer to teach a class. . .culinary, gardening, garden crafts, etc. Let us know how your expertise can enrich the lives of our community members!
- Do you have carpentry skills? We often have garden or office projects that are in need of a carpenter or handyman!
- Signup for a garden work day for yourself or for a group. Many schools and organizations help our gardens grow by scheduling annual work days. The following schools, organizations and businesses have led the way with annual visits: High Mowing School, United Natural Foods, Inc., Barbara C. Harris Center Camp & Conference Center, Church of Latter-Day Saints, Summer Teen Challenge (Peterborough Rec Department).
- Lend a hand during an event by helping with registration, serving, cleanup, etc.
Please call Joyce at (603) 784-5069 or email email@example.com to set up a time when we can talk about your interest in volunteering.